Ohhh the long awaited update. By me anyway! I have been having trouble getting back into it AGAIN! At least this time it's not just writer's block - I've been a little busy actually! Emphasis on 'a little' but just enough that I'm not spending countless mindless hours online.
Also, Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" album is AMAZING and it's absolutely inspiring me to write this blog right this second. Buy and/or download this album right away (I say download because let's be honest, that's how I acquired it).
ANYWAY. What to talk about, what to say...?
This song 'Brushes' makes me SO freaking happy.
Other things that make me happy at this moment in time.
1. I got another class with the business school I teach with! That means now I have TWO classes, hooray!
2. I have THREE interviews set up in the next two weeks with other schools, one being another business school which I already know I prefer.
3. I went shopping all by myself tonight and then figured out how to take the bus home all by myself.
4. I joined the gym FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Three months sans gym makes Homer something something. Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!!!!!!! I hope you are laughing, Anna.
4b. The results are happening REALLY fast at the gym - thank God for muscle memory - and I think I'm getting in better shape than before!
5. I got my first paycheck. R$90! Whooooooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!
6. I am going out for lunch with some other ex-pats girls that I met on Facebook... It will be my first lunch with native English speakers since coming here! (minus my mom and sis, of course!)
7. "Rumours" is grrrreat!
8. My portuguese has noticeably improved in the last month and I no longer feel
Well, I think that's a pretty good list, eh?
Oh, I also think I should point out that while my mom and sister were visiting we discovered Paradise. A.K.A. Ilha Grande. I would reeeeally like to make it a regular destination spot since it's only about 2 hours away from here and is actually the most amazing place I've ever seen. We snorkelled in emerald water, surrounded by fish. Ro and I saw 3 squid, 3 sea turtles (one was making eye contact with us from under a rock for about 5 minutes before swimming away), lots of enormous star fish, lots of underwater fauna and HEAPS of different types of fish. We had fun throwing crackers on my mom while watching the fish literally JUMP out of the water all around her to get them. Ohhhh hahaha. It was an incredible experience. There is a whole world under the sea that is really missed by so many people!!! Our next goal is to get our scuba license and explore the ocean a little further.
Here are some funny pictures of snorkelling:
Walking to the first beach, Praia Lopes Mendez
What a great trip.